Party Animals (book illustration)

November 7, 2010 | Filed Under Editorial Cartoons

Party Animals (book illustration)

« Meanwhile, In California… | Turning the Corner »

Comments

6 Responses to “Party Animals (book illustration)”

1. Robert Ariail on November 7th, 2010 9:40 am

Folks, this is an illustration for a proposed new children’s book written by my friend, Paddy Bell. It’s called “Party Animals” and is about a party put on by Ms. Gator for all of her many animal friends. We’re hoping the publisher will want to use my illustrations for the book.

I’m also working with another local author and friend on a book for 11 to 14 year olds. The illustrations for this one will be more serious (less cartoonish) and traditional in both color and black and white. It’s very well written and I’m looking forward to illustrating it.

2. Hokuri on November 7th, 2010 9:52 am

Congrats! Good luck and best wishes!

3. Kathryn Fenner on November 7th, 2010 1:17 pm

Oh. I spent a lot of time trying to parse it politically–like trying to remember who was elected in FL who would be wearing a dress and serving sliders, and figuring that was a Papa Grizzly in the tuxedo, with a Democrat in a dress (who?) with him.

4. J. G. Braddock Sr. on November 7th, 2010 2:36 pm

You had me scratching my head about your well done cartoon until I read your explanation. Seeing the elephant in it, I thought it had to be a political cartoon, but I couldn’t figure out how the other creatures fit into poltiics. I thought maybe the alligator represented the government gobbling up all us constituents’income.

5. Dan Moran on November 8th, 2010 6:38 am

Nice work, Robert. You really threw us a curve. I too was trying to find some political meaning. An iced tea party? Best of luck to you, although with your talent, you don’t need it. Still, I wish you much success.

6. kelly on November 8th, 2010 9:59 am

LOVE IT! Congrats! Can’t wait to see more!