Thanksgiving

November 22, 2009 | Filed Under Editorial Cartoons

Thanksgiving

« Firewall | Ethics Charges »

Comments

12 Responses to “Thanksgiving”

1. Peggy S Shealy on November 23rd, 2009 3:02 pm

Mr. Ariail,
    I am very glad that WIS TV has brought you back! I dropped my State subscription when the change was made dropping your cartoons.
    We need the creative and humorous touch to a chaotic and economically challenging time. So, I for one, am glad you’re back. I’m sure WIS and its’ listeners welcome you to a great team!
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2009!
    Peggy Shealy

2. Robert Ariail on November 23rd, 2009 5:45 pm

Thanks so much, Peggy. Please let the folks at WISTV.com know how you feel ,too. For all others who don’t know ,my cartoons will now be featured every Wednesday night on The 7:00 Report. ( WIS is the Columbia ,S.C. NBC affiliate.)

3. Trodel Post on November 23rd, 2009 7:00 pm

Robert, great news for you! And another great editorial that tells more of what is going on with this administration than any hour of talking head blather on TV.

4. Sharon Brudzinski on November 24th, 2009 6:56 am

Good for you and for WIS TV. I also cancelled my subscription. Your cartoons were the best feature of that paper and they dropped you. Their mistake.

5. Hokuri on November 24th, 2009 8:47 pm

RA, first off, congrats on your new employment!

Now as to the cartoon: too bad we can’t juxtaposition the amount of money spent to land those jobs! The jobs bird would look even smaller. What a turkey! Oh, wait, the turkey is the one holding the platter.

6. Kevin on November 25th, 2009 8:50 am

Congratulations, Robert! Looks like I’ll be watching WIS tonight. I hope things continue to look up for you.

7. Robert Ariail on November 25th, 2009 10:15 am

I just want to clarify, that I am not employed by WIS-TV. They, like the 600 plus newspapers I’m in , are my syndication clients. So, I’m still looking for a new newspaper home. The TV gig is unique, though. I think I’m the only editorial cartoonist to be laid off and then featured in the same market on television.

8. BIll C. on November 25th, 2009 9:44 pm

I enjoy your cartoons, but the way they were presented on WIS needs a lot of improvement. I don’t know how you best broadcast print material on television. Maybe do a scan and a static screen shot, like a test pattern.

9. BIll C. on November 25th, 2009 9:50 pm

How do you syndicate SC political-based cartoons to 600+ newspapers? I wouldn’t think most outside of SC would really care about local politics or issues.

10. Robert Ariail on November 29th, 2009 9:45 am

Thanks, Bill. Most of my cartoons aren’t on South Carolina topics, but some (like Sanford’s affair) are understood outside of the state so I send them along to my syndicate.

11. Robert Ariail on November 29th, 2009 9:47 am

Bill, it’s a new format for me and WIS, so I’m sure we’ll tweak it to improve the product and delivery.

12. Olivia N. on November 15th, 2010 3:53 pm

what is your catoon about it would be pleasing because i have homework about this cartoon