Shrinking Dollar

November 16, 2009 | Filed Under Editorial Cartoons

Shrinking Dollar

« Obamacare | Terrorist Trials »

Comments

10 Responses to “Shrinking Dollar”

1. J. G. Braddock Sr. on November 16th, 2009 3:24 pm

What they say about a picture is true. A thousand words coundn’t have said it better.

2. Sharon Brudzinski on November 17th, 2009 4:46 am

Right on!

3. Hokuri on November 17th, 2009 6:32 am

And this is a surprise to whom?

4. KELLY on November 17th, 2009 9:17 am

Surprise? This has been going on for YEARS!! If we’d spend half the money here at home we spend abroad it would not bother me so much, but this country is more interested in other countries than the USA.

5. Robert Ariail on November 17th, 2009 11:00 am

You’re right, Kelly, this has been going on for years- in particular during the Bush 43 years. That’s why I used Uncle Sam to represent the federal government rather than pin it all on Obama. The only distinction is Bush’s spending- as enormous as it was- pales in comparison to Obama’s spending spree.

6. KELLY on November 17th, 2009 11:42 am

I agree Robert. It seems every President & every member of Congress thinks the budget is an open credit card. Repubs don’t spend as much instead they focus on tax breaks and other perks for the rich. Dems spend more trying to help the non-rich or as many people as they can. I have always believed that term limits for all levels of govt. - from national to local - would cut down on a lot of spending and other actions that do not benefit the citizens our elected officials should be representing.

7. Matthew Harrison on November 17th, 2009 12:50 pm

Kelly, you got your wish with Obama. He’s spending MUCH more than Bush here at home. The rate he’s going I’m going to have to spend 40% of my salary on taxes by the time his term ends.

8. KELLY on November 17th, 2009 4:23 pm

I said nothing in my comment about wishing for Obama. I have always said that the USA throws too much money, supplies, etc. at other counties - many who wouldn’t spit on US if we were burning & only want what they can get from US. We need to take care of home first & the rest of the world needs to learn to stand on their own. I don’t mind helping but charity begins at home. I’ve always had to pay too much in taxes and no I don’t get the perks and breaks that many people who make much more than I do get. Bush didn’t care about home much, he was too busy trying to rule other countries.

9. Matthew Harrison on November 20th, 2009 10:28 am

Kelly, I’m commenting about your statement;
    “If we’d spend half the money here at home we spend abroad it would not bother me so much, but this country is more interested in other countries than the USA.”

They foreign aid we give to other countries is nothing in comparison with what’s about to happen.

I totally agree we should simply take care of ourselves better but I can’t help but look at history. The last time we had a true isolationistic policy, WW2 happen. As a world power, it’s our duty to look after persecuted groups across the world. After all, we could still be a British colony if it wasn’t for French intervention.

10. ed on February 28th, 2011 10:59 pm