Shoot Some Hoops

September 30, 2009 | Filed Under Editorial Cartoons

Shoot Some Hoops

« Failed State | Peace Prize »

Comments

9 Responses to “Shoot Some Hoops”

1. Robert Ariail on September 30th, 2009 4:19 pm

Folks-
    This is my last cartoon for a while. I’m taking off next week( week of Oct. 5th ) and possibly the following week.

2. shawn on October 1st, 2009 12:30 am

…to shoot some hoops?

3. Robert Ariail on October 1st, 2009 6:53 am

Maybe some hoops, but mainly to try and find work. Know anybody who needs a cartoonist?

4. kelly on October 1st, 2009 9:49 am

Good Luck Robert! We’ve still got you in our thoughts & prayers. Just wondering…have you ever thought about doing a strip based on life in a southern state? Heaven knows S.C. has plenty of material! (If drawing a strip is “below” editorial cartoons - I’m sorry.) I just think you’re gifted at everything you draw! We’ll miss you & we’ll see you when you get back!

5. Robert Ariail on October 1st, 2009 11:43 am

Thanks, Kelly. I have a strip idea that I would like to do if I get a job in Charleston at the P&C. My working title is “Low Country” and it’s characters would be animals (and maybe people) making social and political commentary kind of like “Pogo.”

6. kelly on October 1st, 2009 1:05 pm

Hey - that works for me! Can’t wait to see it!

7. Bill on October 1st, 2009 10:11 pm

Robert, Good Luck! And love the idea for “LowCountry” having been raised in the low country and missing it badly at the present. Plus, do you have any more, OR planning to have a new book of your cartoons out soon? I know a lot of people who would love a Christmas present of a new edition and it has to be time for a new one!

8. Fred on October 2nd, 2009 5:56 am

With your talent, you may go on a trip, but your mind must be always working! Keep a pen handy and be safe!

9. Don on October 7th, 2009 4:11 pm

Yesterday was the first time I had seen your work, your “acorn” cartoon was in our local paper and I enjoyed it very much. Before, it seemed as though they only published work from liberal cartoonists. I think work by centrist or conservative cartoonists will become more popular with each passing day. I will be visiting this web-site often. Thank you and good luck.