Embarrassing Few Weeks

September 16, 2009 | Filed Under Editorial Cartoons

Embarrassing Few Weeks

« Troops to Afghanistan | Adding Fuel To The Fire »

Comments

9 Responses to “Embarrassing Few Weeks”

1. kbfenner on September 16th, 2009 3:37 pm

Yeah, that’s how I feel, too.

2. Sharon Brudzinski on September 17th, 2009 4:20 am

This cartoon would be perfect if Wilson’s name isn’t in it.

3. kelly on September 17th, 2009 9:33 am

This is perfect and Wilson’s name does belong on it. If he came to your house and called you a liar in front of your guests while you were speaking, he would owe both you and all of your guests an apology. There IS a right time and place to disagree with someone. I’m so tired of the egotistical and narcissistic elected officials in S.C. But as long as the citizens condone their rude and boorish behaviors, it will continue and S.C. will continue to be seen as a rude and disrespectful state.

4. Matthew Harrison on September 18th, 2009 12:49 pm

Joe Wilson is egotistical and narcissistic? Kelly… Do you even know the man? It seems to me you need to do a little research before labeling someone like you did in the message above. How can you judge his acts as being egotistical and narcissistic? You are simply lumping yourself into the group of people that label Obama with fascism by making comments like that. I think it’s about time we are starting to elect men and women that have some emotion behind their service to the people. I grew up with one of Wilson’s sons and I would vote/support any man that raised such a fine individual like Congressman Wilson did.

Is Obama exempt from this discussion? Has everyone forgotten some of the exchanges that took place between Obama and H. Clinton?

5. kelly on September 19th, 2009 8:51 am

I have known wilson for years. I have supported and voted for him in the past, but not anymore. He raises good children, so does the President, that makes them both good fathers, not necessarily good politicians. I vote person and not party. I haven’t seen much reason to vote for wilson in a while and I’m not alone. His last race was close and this one will be too - if he wins again. My comments are based not on other politicians as people like you want others to focus on to detract from the matters at hand, but on the fact that wilson owes an apoplogy to both the House and the citizens of SC. He knew what the President was going to say and what he did then and his behavior now is that of a desperate politician who knows a lot of people are not going to vote for him anymore. What has he really done for us besides show he is repeated rude and dispectful if it gets him what he wants? Wilson is a prime reason why this country needs term limits but for now we will just have to say “Joe’s gotta GO!”

6. BUD on September 19th, 2009 2:25 pm

AND WHAT IS YOUR POINT? WILSON SHOULD GET AN AWARD….THE TRUTH IS HARD TO DEAL WITH ISN’T IT ROBERT!

7. Robert Ariail on September 20th, 2009 10:22 am

Bud,
    You and everyone else who thinks Wilson should get an award because of his outburst is also an embarrassment for South Carolina and conservatism. I , too, think Obama’s plan will allow illegals to benefit from our health care system (while bankrupting our country) and I oppose much of what he proposes, but ultimately, Wilson’s actions undermine Republicans and play into the hand of the left. Rudeness and boorish behavior- particularly on the floors of Congress- never has and never will win the argument or advance the conservative movement.

8. Hokuri on September 21st, 2009 7:38 am

Well, said, RA….

9. Matthew Harrison on September 22nd, 2009 12:08 pm

Kelly,

I was just addressing the fact that you labeled Wilson (and other SC officials) as egotistical and narcissistic. Yes, what he did was extremely rude but the outburst didn’t merit the labels you provided for him. Let me know if you ever find an elected congressman without any errors or faults and I’ll vote for him/her. :)

His outburst wasn’t a distraction at the matters in hand. There are a lot of unhappy people that disapprove of what Obama is trying to do to health care. He just provided his feedback at an unwelcomed forum.