Farmers’ Market logo

July 31, 2009 | Filed Under Editorial Cartoons

Farmers' Market logo

« Inez Tenenbaum | Cash for Clunkers »

Comments

20 Responses to “Farmers’ Market logo”

1. Robert Ariail on July 31st, 2009 7:13 pm

Folks, this is a logo I created for the new South Carolina State Farmers’ Market. It hasn’t been approved yet, but I think they’ll like it.

2. Nick Nielsen on August 1st, 2009 11:36 am

I think it works. I wasn’t hungry before I saw it, but I’m hungry now!

3. Ralph Hightower on August 1st, 2009 1:28 pm

That is so funny! I like it! Where are the boiled peanuts?

4. Robert Ariail on August 1st, 2009 3:55 pm

5. kelly on August 3rd, 2009 9:59 am

I miss the peanuts too. Otherwise, this is perfect!! (Road Trip to the Farmers’ Market anyone?!?)

6. Hokuri on August 5th, 2009 9:11 pm

Mr. Ariail, My wife and I are both “displaced” South Carolinians presently living in south Florida. We both thank you for reminding us of what GOOD FOOD really is! By the way, we have found ONE place in Florida City that sells boiled peanuts!

7. Sally Christian on August 6th, 2009 11:47 am

LOVE IT!

8. Sally Christian on August 6th, 2009 11:47 am

Love it! Perfect!

9. Sally on August 8th, 2009 3:19 pm

This is great!

10. kelly on August 18th, 2009 1:27 pm

Saw the billboard coming into towm this morning - LOVE IT! Did you draw the cartoon about the soft shell crabs too?

11. Robert Ariail on August 18th, 2009 1:36 pm

Thanks, Kelly. Yes ,I drew all six cartoons which are going up now around the midlands.

12. Gayle on August 28th, 2009 12:00 pm

Love it! This would make a great logo on T-shirts/market bags as well! Being from Irmo, I spotted the okra first.

13. Brenda on December 15th, 2009 8:13 am

I think the new logo is fabulous and as South Carolina as it gets!!!! I want one for my car window!!!

14. Sheila Ruff on December 29th, 2009 2:34 pm

Well, well, well… I have wondered who did this incredibly awesome logo….and I just found out today that it is you. How wonderful. I am a graphic designer and LOVE the logo..it is perfect! Just one question…when/where/how can I buy a T-shirt?

Great job…and not a surprise that a legendary talent like yourself designed it. Also, I am quite pleased you are still working and clearly having fun at it, too!

Regards,
    Sheila Ruff

15. Robert Ariail on December 29th, 2009 5:03 pm

Thanks so much, Sheila! I’ll try to find out about t-shirts and post it here.

16. Ron Chapiesky on February 17th, 2010 7:48 am

I think you have come up with a winner…I have a question though…Are these all locally (statewide) grown fruits and vegetables and flowers and shrimp? I know some folk have banana plants in their yards but…

I would like to see peanuts included also…

My post is late and I may be too late for any corrections…
    Really great job though…I love it…

17. Robert Ariail on February 17th, 2010 8:09 am

Thanks, Ron,
    yes, all of the fruits, vegetables ,shrimp, etc. are from SC or nearby and all are available at the new Farmers Market. There’s so much more that I didn’t have room to include.

18. Meredith on February 18th, 2010 1:11 pm

I absolutely LOVE this! I pass by the new farmers market every week and i get to see your artwork on the sign everytime. I think that you captured the SC farmers market in every aspect of your artwork, i too would love to have a couple of tee shirts with this on it! if you have anywhere that i can purchase these…please…please…please let me know! great job!!

19. Pat on March 20th, 2010 9:48 pm

Love this!

20. Charles on May 14th, 2010 8:29 pm

“Sorry, Ralph. The peanuts were in an earlier sketch but I guess I left them out in the finished version.”

Come on, Robert. You did what any good South Carolinian would you: you gobbled those goobers.