Cuba Policy

April 8, 2009 | Filed Under Editorial Cartoons

Cuba Policy

« Kooks | Horn of Africa »

Comments

10 Responses to “Cuba Policy”

1. Greg Flowers on April 9th, 2009 1:39 pm

Wow Robert, right on point!

2. Bart on April 10th, 2009 8:29 pm

Dead on point! Cudos for telling the truth!!

3. Trodel Post on April 13th, 2009 2:18 pm

Great to see you back working as one of the very few political commentators not drinking the O-Kool Aid.

4. kbfenner on April 13th, 2009 8:37 pm

Oh goody, you’re back!

5. Gene Corrigan on April 15th, 2009 1:19 pm

Had you been away? I noted your new site on a local lobbyist site in SC, and admire your work.

If interested, I have some gags I’d contribute (hopefully for a small “epc” credit in your signature area). Example: Obama holding the dog on leash while stopping by a faded McCain campaign posture, carefully painting lipstick on the mouth.

Let me know. Phone n/c +888.282.0813, fax +843.768.0019

6. Randy E on April 16th, 2009 6:06 am

Bart, this is largely a parody of the failed hardline approach the GOP advocates. The Cuba embargo has been in place for almost half a century and if anything solidified the Castro dictatorship.

Part of the genius of Ariail is his nuance. To jump up and down with glee at his use of the word “socialism” misses much if not most of the message.

7. Seth on April 16th, 2009 11:30 am

Right on Mr. Ariail.

8. Greg Flowers on April 16th, 2009 3:40 pm

Robert, its up to you. What was your intent in this cartoon?

9. Robert Ariail on April 17th, 2009 9:49 am

This cartoon is more about how America has changed- or is changing - to a form of governance more like Cuba’s rather than the other way around. I’m not mocking the policy that Cuba must change their system and grant more freedom to its people before we (America ) capitulate and end the trade embargo - though I now believe that this policy has not worked. By
    encouraging trade and interaction between Cubans and Americans we may foster more change in their system. But Cuba must make some concessions before the United States changes its long-standing policy- a quid pro quo as they call it in diplomatic circles. But that’s another cartoon. This one came to mind when I saw the California Democrats( double-dipped liberals ) in the Castro brothers’ court. Their praise for the Cuban system- communism- was pathetic, not to mention un-American.

10. Robert Ariail on April 17th, 2009 9:54 am

By the way, folks, I’m hoping to get some help today ( Friday, April 17 ) in posting my cartoons to this site. I’ve been cartooning at home for my syndicate since the end of March, but haven’t had much success with my home computer. Hopefully, by Monday I’ll have my recent work posted as well as some favorites from years past. Thanks for being patient and for all of your comments.
    Robert